Combined BSCJ / MSCJ
Combined BS/MS in Criminal Justice
The combined degree program allows qualified students to earn both degrees in a shorter amount of time than typically required for earning degrees sequentially. To be considered for admission, students must have at least 30 credits to pursue before the completion of the bachelor’s degree program at FIU and no fewer than 75 credits of degree requirements completed. Students must also meet the admissions criteria for the MS in Criminal Justice. Only 5000-level or higher courses, and no more than 12 credits may be applied toward both degrees.
- Current enrollment in the Bachelor of Science program in criminal justice at FIU.
- Current GPA of 3.2 or higher.
- Grade of “B” or better in both an undergraduate research methods and a statistics course.
- Letter of application describing your reasons for pursuing an advanced degree and career plans.
- Example of your written work.
- Current resume.
Completed Bachelor of Science degree in criminal justice at FIU including up to 12 credits (4 courses) of graduate criminal justice courses completed with a “B” or higher grade.